Portuguese Cod with Potatoes and Chorizo
Spicy chorizo sausage becomes a perfect partner for sweet cherry tomatoes and lean Pacific cod.
- 1 pound small yellow or red potatoes, cut in half
- 1, 8-ounce chorizo, cut into thin circles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, larger ones cut in half or quarters
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Pacific cod, any skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely minced
Cook potatoes + chorizo
Preheat oven to 425 °F.
Mix the potatoes along with the chorizo and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour into a baking dish. Place into the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Make tomato mixture
While the potatoes are roasting, mix the cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, lay the cod on top, then pour the cherry tomato mixture over the cod. Place back into the oven and cook for 12 – 15 minutes; until flakey but still firm.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle the parsley over the top and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes