Sitka White Fish Share
White fish lovers will delight in this share projected to include seven seafood species. Like all of our shares, these fish are responsibly harvested by our fishermen owners and trusted partners. We anticipate this to include sablefish (black cod), Pacific cod, black rockfish, halibut, and lingcod. Fish taco, ceviche, and fish fry lovers take note — our new Sitka White Fish share will stock your freezer for epic Alaska white fish meals!
All of the species that are projected for this share are harvested in-season by our collective of small-boat fishermen or trusted partners, traceable to the source, blast-frozen and then home-delivered monthly to your doorstep free of charge through our community supported fishery. Actual species mix and poundage will depend on fishing and market conditions.
translation missing: en.products.product.loader_label
- Member Perks
Seasonality of Our CSF
The fish included in each monthly box depends on the fishing season and where fishermen are able to fish. You will receive a seasonal selection of the species pictured below each month. Since our fishermen catch fish seasonally and within the limits of what the ocean provides, we offer projections for what our fishermen will catch rather than guarantees. Flexibility is key to our community supported fishery (CSF), and we are always striving to deliver the best seafood to our members. Learn more about what’s included in this month’s box on our Projected Harvest page.
Our home delivery program for 2021 begins delivering shares in early April, and we are committed to delivering your shares from our CSF safely.
Click here for additional delivery information, including how our shares are packaged when they arrive at your doorstep.
How Monthly Payments Work
Your first payment — which you make when you sign up for our community supported fishery — locks in your first month’s delivery. After that, monthly charges will take place approximately two weeks before your deliveries, and we will notify you three days before we process your payment. You can cancel your community supported fishery share deliveries, and your monthly payments, at any time.
Consider Paying in Full
Paying in full for your share is a huge help as we prepare for the upcoming season and make investments into the growth of our community supported fishery. In return for your upfront investment, we’re happy to offer a discount on the purchase price of your share. If you’ve been a member with us and feel confident in the value and quality of seafood we deliver to your door, we encourage you to consider this option.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Stay tuned for your delivery schedule and other important logistical updates, which we will email to you three weeks prior to your first delivery.
- Deliveries are made between the hours of 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. by one of our home delivery specialists or UPS. If the delivery is being made to a business address, we will deliver by 5 p.m.
- You do not need to be home during the delivery to receive your share.
- Your fish will be nestled in insulated packaging with dry ice and will stay frozen solid until the end of the day for your convenience.
- Two to three weeks before delivery: You’ll receive a payment notification confirming that month’s share.
- One week before delivery: You’ll receive your specific delivery date.
- Day of delivery: You’ll get a notification that your share is on its way.
- Need to change your delivery date? Not a problem. Just contact Salmon Support.
- Disposing of your delivery packaging in an environmentally-friendly way is simple. View our guide on disposing, recycling, upcycling, and composting our packaging.
- Share deliveries are always free of charge.
There's More Than Just Seafood In Your Box
We are constantly adding new benefits for our members to enjoy. Here are a few highlights:
- Enjoy special access to and stories from our fishermen. We believe knowing your fishermen is fundamental to being a conscientious seafood consumer as it creates a connection to the hard-working folks who produce your food. It’s also a foundational aspect of the community supported fishery movement.
- Join our community of conscientious seafood lovers in the values-based seafood movement by joining our Sitka Salmonsharesians Facebook group (we’ll email a link to join once you sign up) to share recipes and hear stories straight from our fishermen’s mouths!
- Unlock priority access to special sales throughout the year.
- Receive invites to Sitka Salmon Shares events, cooking classes, dinners, educational opportunities, and other exclusive opportunities, digital and/or (eventually, when safe to do so) in person.
- Try expertly curated cooking tips, culinary insights, and recipes, so that you can easily make dishes that are healthy, delicious, and flavorful.
- Read The Catch, our monthly print editorial that includes stories about your share, fisheries information, fishermen features, and other fish and food-related tidbits.
- Exciting surprises that we might not have thought of—or maybe we’re just not telling you about—yet.
- And of course, the biggest perk is that you are supporting small-boat, community-based American fishermen with a seasonal share of their seafood harvest (and helping maintain vibrant US fisheries at the same time)!
Why have the shares changed in 2021?
The changes to our shares in 2021 will allow us to stay closely in line with our community supported fishery values of seasonality, the limits of nature, and excellent quality fish.
Like a CSA that cannot guarantee when the tomatoes will be ripe or how many tomatoes members may receive, our CSF cannot guarantee when fish will be caught or what a given season’s harvest might be. Furthermore, guaranteeing certain species for a specific month doesn’t reflect how the majority of fisheries function. Some fisheries span the course of many months, such as halibut, which runs from March to November, and even salmon fisheries like the Southeast Alaska coho fishery that occurs over several months. Including projections for the season instead of by the month helps us get you more seasonal fish and avoids tight turnarounds that require carbon-intensive means like flying, which can also compromise product quality.
When will I know what species/type of fish I will receive in my monthly shares?
Our share selections provide an overview of the fish species and product types you will receive over the course of your seasonal membership. What members will receive in a particular month will be dictated by the success and pace of our fishermen’s harvest as well as the health of a particular fishery in a given season. We will send an email to members that identifies the fish species/product types in your upcoming share no less than 30 days prior to each month’s delivery (e.g. April share contents will be communicated no later than March 1).
What are my options if I don’t eat shellfish?
We are excited to offer a shellfish-free option with the Premium Share for the first time ever this year! Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate that request for the other shares.
What if I’m out of town for one month’s shipment?
What more can you tell me about the product form and portion sizes of the seafood in your shares?
All of our fish comes blast-frozen and vacuum-sealed to preserve that fresh-from-the-ocean taste. Our portion sizes typically range from about 1/2 pound to 1 pound as we strive to process the fish in a manner that reduces trimming and scraps that result from cutting to specific portion sizes.
Is your fish traceable to the fishing vessel that caught it?
For the majority of the fish we deliver to our members, the fish is traceable to the specific fishing vessel (F/V) that caught the fish. The name of the fishing vessel (F/V) will be listed on the label.
For certain species and fisheries where a group of boats is catching the fish that is aggregated by a tender (a larger boat that picks up fish from fishermen on the grounds and enables them to keep fishing), we provide information on our trusted partner processor and connect you with the stories of some of the boats catching that particular product.
Have additional questions?
“We just got our shipment today. King salmon was on the menu tonight and it was fantastic! I was on the fence about signing up a few months ago, but so glad I did. EVERYTHING we've had is the best ever. Plus, we feel good about supporting small family fishermen (and women) who catch these fish in an ethical manner. I love seeing which fishing vessel caught my dinner.”
- Mary H
“I love the convenience of having quality salmon that is caught responsibly delivered to my door. This month’s delivery was coho salmon and I cooked it last night topped with homemade chimichurri. The texture and flavor of coho is perfect… simply delicious!”
- Deborah H
“You came highly recommended from my husband’s colleague. I was a bit hesitant as my confidence in preparing seafood was lacking. I ended up taking the plunge and gifting this to my husband for our anniversary. We are completely hooked (pun intended). I’m trying fish I’ve never even heard of. My husband loves to prepare it (total bonus). We are grateful for the tips, recipes, and community we found here. It’s been a lot of fun for he and I to learn together. We’ve recommended it now too!”
- Tammy S
“Just wanted to let you know how beyond satisfied I am with our first year with you all thus far. The quality is so far beyond what I imagined possible, it seems to defy realism. My family has already enrolled part-way thru the season this year, and I am sure we will have ever more friends and family joining next year. I also wanted to give a special shout-out to the delivery driver who drops off my share. If the rest of the employees at Sitka Salmon Shares are even a fraction as professional, hard-working, and downright pleasant to deal with, you all will be around for generations to come.”
- Andrew M
Questions, comments or concerns? We'd love to hear from you. Email Salmon Support and we'll get back to you within 24 hours, or if it is the weekend, on the next business day.
You're welcome to call our Galesburg office at 309-342-FISH (3474) during our normal office hours (CT):
- Monday — 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday through Friday — 8:30am to midnight
- Saturday and Sunday — 8:30am to 5:00pm
Why wait for an answer when you can get one immediately? We're available on live chat during our office hours listed above.