Head to your nearest farmers market, grab your extra long tongs, and get grilling—we're on the search for your best grilled seafood recipes.
Summer is here! It’s time to dust off your charcoal bags and unveil your gas grills, because we’re having a recipe contest to find your best grilled seafood recipes. Whether you use white fish, salmon, or crab, we want to see your grill marks and how you use ingredients local to you to complete your dish.
Grilling Contest Basics
Our annual recipe contest is the time to pull out all the stops on your best recipes (check out 2020’s Recipe Contest winners here), but for this contest, we want to see your best original recipes just for the grill.
We’ve seen a lot of summer recipes and seafood ideas on our Sitka Salmonsharesians Facebook group lately. It’s an incredible resource for members to share their culinary adventures, stories, and inspiration. Join our Facebook group to participate in the vote.
After the contest submission deadline, the Culinary Team will pick the top four recipes. Then it’s up to the Salmonsharesians to select their favorite of the four, which we’ll name People’s Choice. To mix things up, the Culinary Team will also pick a favorite, which we’ll call the Culinary Choice.
Don’t forget to join Salmonsharesians so you can vote!
The Recipe Contest Rules
- The contest is open to everyone, both members and non-members. Persons must be legal U.S. residents in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
- Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Time on June 1 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on June 20 (the “Deadline Date”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the Deadline Date.
- All recipes must include a list of ingredients with specific amounts and step-by-step instructions. Other recipes may serve as inspiration, but all recipes must be original content and not previously published.
- Submit your recipe on the Asana form linked here.
- Original recipe content only, maximum of two (2) recipe submissions allowed.
- A team of Sitka Salmon Shares culinary experts will determine the top four (4) semifinalist recipes based on the three judging criteria.
- A Culinary Choice will be chosen from the four (4) finalists by the official contest judges. A People’s Choice will be chosen based on a poll in the Salmonsharesians member-only Facebook page.
- The winner(s) will be announced the week of June 28. Prizes will be awarded to the top four (4) semifinalists, and an additional Prize Box will be awarded to the Culinary Choice and People’s Choice winners.
Additional legal rules apply. Read the full list of rules, terms, and conditions here.
The Recipe Contest Criteria
All recipes will be judged by the SSS culinary team. In the event of a tie, the recipe with the higher innovation score will win.
- Innovation: Is your recipe original? Does it reflect your personal spin or something special to you?
- Taste: Are the flavors in your recipe balanced? Is every bite absolutely delicious?
- Kitchen-friendly: How approachable is your recipe? Are the ingredients easy to find or do you include appropriate substitutions for the unique ones?
The Recipe Contest Prizes
Winning recipes will be shared on Sitka Salmon Shares social media. The four semifinalist authors will receive cool Sitka Salmon Shares swag, and the People’s Choice and Culinary Choice winner(s) will receive a Prize Box of Sitka Salmon Shares fish.