Our culinary team’s perfect picks for the Freezer Collection
Look no further for a collection of our culinary team’s recent top picks for highlighting your wild-caught seafood. Inspired by our Freezer offerings and perfect for the amateur or expert home cook, these recipes were curated with one thing in mind: making delicious seafood dishes.
From meatless Monday to Friday night fish fry, we’ve got you covered all week long with recipes for the Pacific Cod Box.
Pro tip: Pacific cod is prone to releasing liquid in the pan so be sure to really pat the fish dry and add to preheated pan with plenty of oil or fat.
- Meatless Monday: Seafood Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, and Capers
- Fish Taco Tuesday: Crispy Fish Tacos
- Weeknight Curry in a Hurry: Kerala Style Coconut Fish Curry
- Easy Thursday Sheet Pan Supper: Broiled White Fish with Lemony Potatoes, Olives, and Mint
- Friday Night Fish Fry: Super Crispy Fried Fish Fingers
The Dungeness Legs & Claws Box includes Dungeness crab in pre-steamed “half-backed” clusters, meaning we’ve removed the mid-section, leaving only the meaty legs and claws. If you need instructions for deconstructing your dungy, follow our step-by-step photo instructions in this guide. Grab your claw-crackers and wooden mallets, set the table with newspaper and sauces, and enjoy the sweet meat of these crabs.
- VP Marsh Skeele’s crowd-pleaser: Brazilian Dungeness Stew
- Always fashionable: Warm Curried Crab Dip
- Comforting and customizable rice porridge from our January Wild in the Galley cooking class: Brown Butter Congee with Lime Dressed Spot Shrimp and Crab
Bairdi, sometimes called tanner, snow, or queen crab has a sweet, pronounced crab flavor with succulent, tender meat from the legs and claws and large meaty lumps from the body. The bairdi crab arrives already steamed and ready to eat, and only needs to be reheated to be enjoyed to its fullest.
The easiest way to prepare bairdi is to steam it and serve with melted butter, but there are loads of other preparations that are simple and satisfying. Check these out!
- Separate the legs into segments and stir fry with ginger, scallions, and chiles in butter for the ultimate finger-licking-good experience. Stir-Fried Crab Legs with Ginger-Scallion Butter
- Fold bairdi crab meat together with spinach, parmesan, and gnocchi for a creamy 30-minute Crab-Gnocchi Bake
- Bring the heat (and smoke) to your crab boil with a little chipotle brown butter in this simple Chipotle Brown Butter Baird Crab