Spot shrimp quick, easy, and delicious!
- For the Stir-Fry:
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 pound spot shrimp (spot prawns), peeled
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed or roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 chile peppers (optional)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or other chili garlic paste)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ⅓ cup sweet chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
For the Sauce
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
For the Stir-Fry
In a wok or large (preferably non-stick) skillet, heated over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and toss spot shrimp to cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until just opaque. Set aside.
In wok or skillet, add broccoli florets and ¼ cup of water. Cover and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes, until just starting to become tender. Set aside.
Add grapeseed oil to wok or skillet once it is dry and add peppers, tossing for 1-2 minutes. Add onion slices and continue to cook peppers and onions until they see some color, but are still crunchy, about 2 minutes more. Add garlic cloves, scallions, snow pea pods and chile peppers, if using. Toss to coat. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Return broccoli to the pan, add ¾ of stir-fry sauce and toss together with other vegetables.
Serve veggies with spot shrimp over steamed rice with remaining sauce.