Spot shrimp quick, easy, and delicious!
- For the Stir-Fry:
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 pound spot shrimp, peeled
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed or roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 chile peppers (optional)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or other chili garlic paste)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ⅓ cup sweet chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
For the Sauce
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
For the Stir-Fry
In a wok or large (preferably non-stick) skillet, heated over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and toss spot shrimp to cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until just opaque. Set aside.
In wok or skillet, add broccoli florets and ¼ cup of water. Cover and allow to steam for 5-7 minutes, until just starting to become tender. Set aside.
Add grapeseed oil to wok or skillet once it is dry and add peppers, tossing for 1-2 minutes. Add onion slices and continue to cook peppers and onions until they see some color, but are still crunchy, about 2 minutes more. Add garlic cloves, scallions, snow pea pods and chile peppers, if using. Toss to coat. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Return broccoli to the pan, add ¾ of stir-fry sauce and toss together with other vegetables.
Serve veggies with spot shrimp over steamed rice with remaining sauce.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes