A versatile appetizer
- 8 ounces salmon burger or salmon fillet, minced (I love doing this with a sockeye tail piece)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (preferably Asian-style like Kewpie)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Optional Mix-ins:
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ English cucumber, seeded and minced
- For Serving:
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Your favorite potato chips (I love Utz, but Sea Salt Kettle Chips are delicious too)
Drain burger on a paper towel-lined plate, pressing to absorb any excess moisture. Run a chef’s knife over salmon to mince finely or briefly pulse in a food processor to desired texture. I like to cut half very finely and leave the remaining half relatively coarse.
Combine sriracha, mayonnaise, soy sauce, and any additional mix-ins in a bowl with salmon. Serve with avocado slices and devour with chips.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes
Know Your Cook
Once upon a time, I catered fancy dinner parties in New York. Salmon or tuna tartare was a favorite appetizer because while it seems difficult, it is incredibly easy, and you don’t need to heat anything up. While we used served these a bit fancier, I find potato chips to be the perfect vessel to eat an incredible amount of raw salmon. This is the perfect low-brow/brilliant combination for lazy weeknight dinners and your fanciest dinner parties. ~ Chef Ali