The bright colors of this meal echo its strong flavors. The preparation is versatile, as you can enjoy the slaw and halibut over rice (with wasabi mayo as garnish) if you're not in a taco mood. But, of course, we're in a taco mood!
- Mango and Cabbage Slaw:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Ponzu sauce (or an extra tablespoon of rice vinegar if avoiding gluten)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 mangos, cut in ½-inch cubes (we love Ataulfo mangos when they’re available!)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Wasabi Mayonnaise:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- Soy Glazed Halibut:
- 1 pound halibut, cut into approximately 1 by 2 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more as needed
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8-12 tortillas (corn or flour)
Mango and Cabbage Slaw
Whisk wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add shredded cabbage, diced mango, sliced scallions and sesame seeds. Set aside for 30 minutes.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes
Stir wasabi paste and mayonnaise to combine. Really, it’s that simple.
Soy Glazed Halibut
Season your halibut with salt and pepper. Toss with cornstarch and dust off thoroughly. A thin coating of cornstarch will help the glaze stick, without making a thick crust on the fish. In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown halibut pieces 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Set halibut aside, and sauté ginger and garlic briefly in the pan, about 30 seconds. Add soy sauce and orange juice. Allow mixture to reduce by half over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, and return halibut to the pan, turning to coat.
Toss cabbage slaw thoroughly and lay in the bottom of a flour tortilla. Lay fish on top of slaw and drizzle with wasabi mayo.