Marsh's quick and easy tacos
- 1 pound rockfish fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces beer of choice (we used Baranof Brewery’s Silver Bay IPA)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (we like Valentina)
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce
Mix the flours, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk while gradually adding the beer. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
Coat fish pieces in batter. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry battered fish in batches for about 4 minutes each, turning as needed.
Set aside. Heat corn tortillas in skillet or oven.
Assemble tacos to your liking with 3 or 4 pieces of fish, cabbage, salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce. Feel free to choose your own accompaniments!
Know Your Cook
- Marsh Skeele -
This recipe comes from our VP, Captain Marsh Skeele of the F/V Loon.