Nic's Simple halibut
- 4 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter (or non-dairy alternative)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine (or 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock + one tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2 cups spring peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut fillets
For the Leeks and Peas
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Soften leeks for 12-15 minutes. Add white wine and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in spring peas and simmer until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes
For the Halibut
In a large (preferably non-stick) skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season halibut fillets with salt and pepper on either side. Place halibut fillets in the pan and cook undisturbed until the fish is browned on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the other side is browned and fish is just beginning to flake.
Place halibut over leeks and peas to serve.