Nic's Simple halibut
- 4 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter (or non-dairy alternative)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine (or 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock + one tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2 cups spring peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut fillets
For the Leeks and Peas
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Soften leeks for 12-15 minutes. Add white wine and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in spring peas and simmer until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Halibut
In a large (preferably non-stick) skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season halibut fillets with salt and pepper on either side. Place halibut fillets in the pan and cook undisturbed until the fish is browned on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the other side is browned and fish is just beginning to flake.
Place halibut over leeks and peas to serve.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes