Light, delicious Pacific Cod chowder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, cut in ½ inch dice
- 3 celery stalks, cut in ½ inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut in ½ inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, ribs and seeds removed, cut in ½ inch dice
- 3 cups cannellini beans, dried and soaked overnight or canned
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, ribs removed and thinly sliced, or 8 oz baby kale
- 1 pound Pacific Cod, cut in 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Saute carrots, celery and onion until wilted and just starting to brown, about 7 or 8 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes, stirring to combine. Stir in cannellini beans, tossing to coat. Add stock and herb sprigs; bring to a boil. Lower heat and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes until beans are tender. Season as necessary.
Stir in kale, allowing to wilt, about 2 minutes. Poach Pacific Cod in simmering liquid for an additional 4-5 minutes, until fish is opaque and will flake when pressed. You can also poach the fillet whole and flake into individual dishes. Serve immediately.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes