We're so proud that this super simple recipe was featured in the November 2015 issue of Food & Wine magazine, and Sitka Salmon Shares was named one of America's Best Food Artisans—what an honor!
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 8 (6 inch) metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup with lemon juice, both mustards, and 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil.
Thread the salmon onto skewers, and season all over with salt and pepper.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the skewers and cook over medium-high heat until browned on the bottom (approx. 1 to 2 minutes).
Flip the skewers—basting with the mustard glaze and turning occasionally—until glazed and nearly cooked through (about 5 minutes total). Repeat with the remaining oil and skewers.
Transfer to a platter and serve!