Juicy, crunchy chopped salads are a summertime (or anytime) favorite. You may recognize this one from your favorite red-sauce joint, but it also makes a great picnic-ready accompaniment to fish kabobs, grilled fish fillets, and salmon burgers.
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped English cucumbers
- 1 cup pitted green castelvetrano olives
- ½ cup whole peperoncini or sweet pickled cherry peppers
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 8 ounces mini bocconcini (small mozzarella balls) or diced mozzarella
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, peperoncini, onion, and mozzarella.
MAKE THE DRESSING
In a jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
SEASON AND SERVE
Just before serving, toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Ready to try this recipe?
Shop our seafood boxes for next week delivery.Shop Seafood Boxes