Greek Orzo Salad with Grilled Spot Shrimp
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 15 min
- ½ lb orzo, cooked and cooled
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¾ c kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c olive oil (best quality since it’s raw)
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 8 oz feta, crumbled (we prefer full-fat sheep’s milk feta)
- 1 lb spot shrimp (spot prawns), peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Orzo Salad
In a large bowl, combine cooked orzo with tomato, olives, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste. Before serving, crumble feta over top.
For the Spot Shrimp
In a small bowl, toss spot shrimp gently with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. On a heated grill or grill pan over high heat, grill shrimp for 30 seconds each side. Spots cook quickly!
Serve spot shrimp over orzo salad. Enjoy immediately, but leftovers taste pretty delicious, too!