This dish is perfect year-round, adjust the vegetables to what is in season near you. Zucchini and and young radishes are ideal the summer, winter squashes and beets are hearty vegetables that work great in the colder months.
- 4 (6-8 oz) coho salmon fillets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 8 radishes, sliced into rounds
- 2 small summer squash or zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided into 4
- fresh parsley, for garnish
PREP FISH + VEGETABLES
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season coho salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix onion, garlic, carrots, radishes, squash, cumin, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil until veggies are evenly coated in oil and herbs.
Cut 4, 18-inch sheets of aluminum foil. Divide veggies into four equal portions and spread a single layer in the center of each sheet of foil.
Place salmon fillets on top of veggies along with a pat of butter. Seal foil packets tightly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until salmon begins to flake.
Gently slide veggies and salmon from foil packets onto plates. Serve each with a drizzle of olive oil and a few sprigs of fresh parsley.
Note: We like our veggies a little on the crisp side. But if you prefer veggies more well-done, lightly sauté them just prior to wrapping in foil.